Fifty 17-year old girls sent out creepy packages in bizarre multi-state conspiracy

The title of this post is what my mind got out of this title:
50 underage girls in four states mailed creepy packages at school, putting parents, FBI on alert

My impression on reading the title was that 50 different underaged girls had sent packages that were deemed both creepy and somehow not unrelated events, enough so that it put the FBI on alert. When you read the article, what actually happened is that 50 different girls received creepy packages, apparently all from the same guy.

That makes much more sense, but I would have never guessed that was what the title meant.

Additionally, to me underage suggests maybe 16 or 17 years old. It is the sort of thing that signifies jail bait a la "Ossifer, I swear, I thought she was 18!" (Ossifer = how drunk people say (police) officer in jokes.)

Although no ages were given in the piece, these girls received their packages at their elementary schools. They are likely no more than 12 years old.

The person doing the mailing is believed to be 14 years old and mentally disabled.

My suggestions:


50 girls in four states receive creepy packages at their elementary schools, putting parents, FBI on alert

Comments